Welcome to Ready Set Read!


Welcome to my website. Here I will review every and I mean every book I read. Mostly I read young adult literature but sometimes I do read other things. My goal is to help you find something to read. Also I hope that I will be able to help you avoid some very painful reading experiences. Usually I like the books I read. No, not because I love everything but because I research a book before I buy it. My research has bordered on obsession more than once. Oh well...there are worse obsessions, right? Right?!



Thursday, November 19, 2009

The Forest of Hands and Teeth

The Forest of Hands and Teeth


Carrie Ryan


The Forest of hands and teeth is about a teenage girl named Mary, Mary has spent her whole life within the confines of her village. The sisterhood serves and protects them and is constantly reminding them that there is no outside world, they are the last of the human race. Outside of the fence that surrounds their village lies only a never ending forest and the unconsecrated. Mary longs to discover a world outside of the hopeless one she has grown up in.

If someone had told me this was a zombie book before reading it, I wouldn't have looked at it twice. It it was an incredible read that had me hooked on page 1 and kept me on the edge of my seat throughout the book. Carrie Ryan portays the dark world after the zombie apacolypse in a compelling way.
I hated it when I had to put it down!
Don't believe me? Buy it and see for yourself.
The characters were real and believable and the world itself was fascinating and it seemed all too real. The end was a little disappointing until I discovered that there was a sequel. That made up for everything, I can't wait to read it.
It was a great book and I would recommend it to anyone who likes darker books and enjoys unravelling the mysteries of a new world.
Read it, you won't regret it!












No comments: