Manga: High School Debut Book 1
Kazune Kawahara
So I'm not entirely sure that mangas count as books but I love them anyway so here goes. I just finished reading High School debut by Kazune Kawahara. Haruna has started high school and she has never had a boyfriend before and she wants that to change and change soon! In junior high she spent all her time playing softball and reading mangas so she has no idea how to act around boys. Haruna has a simple solution to this problem. She needs a coach just like in softball. She gets the impossibly popular Yoh to coach her. Yoh promises to make her attractive to boys. Of course he has one condition, she has to promise not to fall in love with him.
This story was hilarous! It literaly had me laughing out loud! It was great entertainment and tons of fun! Sure it's not deep reading and it shouldn't take you very long to read it but still it's awesome. Definetly worth reading. The book is light, fun and cheery. A total pick me up! I'd say it's mangas version of chick lit. All in all a great read. :)
Before I forget, the book reads right to left in order to keep with original japanese comics. It's a little confusing at first but it doesn't take very long to get used to it. Promise :)

No comments:
Post a Comment