
Across the Nightingale Floor
Lian Hearn
In across the nightingale floor Lian Hearn created a world full of secrets, lies and war. Nothing is what it seems and if Takeo is going to survive he’ll need his wits about him.
Takeo grew up in a peaceful, hidden village in the mountains. He knows nothing of the feuding clans and their ruthless warlords that was until one night when Iida and his men invade the village. Murdering its inhabitants and destroying what little was left. Takeo narrowly escapes with his life based on pure luck. Shigeru from the Otori clan saves his life and takes him in.
The story is riveting and complex. The characters are varied and likeable. You’re never quite sure what they are going to do next and although the book is a little hard to get into its forgiven because after a few chapters you won’t be able to put it down. The story is much better than I can explain and if I tried to explain exactly what its about I wouldn’t get it right so check it out for yourself.
Takeo grew up in a peaceful, hidden village in the mountains. He knows nothing of the feuding clans and their ruthless warlords that was until one night when Iida and his men invade the village. Murdering its inhabitants and destroying what little was left. Takeo narrowly escapes with his life based on pure luck. Shigeru from the Otori clan saves his life and takes him in.
The story is riveting and complex. The characters are varied and likeable. You’re never quite sure what they are going to do next and although the book is a little hard to get into its forgiven because after a few chapters you won’t be able to put it down. The story is much better than I can explain and if I tried to explain exactly what its about I wouldn’t get it right so check it out for yourself.

No comments:
Post a Comment