Welcome to Ready Set Read!


Welcome to my website. Here I will review every and I mean every book I read. Mostly I read young adult literature but sometimes I do read other things. My goal is to help you find something to read. Also I hope that I will be able to help you avoid some very painful reading experiences. Usually I like the books I read. No, not because I love everything but because I research a book before I buy it. My research has bordered on obsession more than once. Oh well...there are worse obsessions, right? Right?!



Monday, December 22, 2008

Grass for his Pillow

Grass for his Pillow


Lian Hearn


Grass for his Pillow picks up the story of Otori Takeo and Shirakawa Kaede where it left off in Across the Nightingale floor. Takeo struggles to adjust to his new life without Kaede while she struggles to survive in a mans world. Who is going to take care of her now? The answer to that is simple, she will. Learning how to write like a man and other skills is going to secure her future.


I thought that after the first book there was no way this one was going to be better, I was wrong. Grass for his pillow is a compelling and magical story complete with just about every element there is. Action, romance, tension, desperation and determination to survive. An already complex story becomes even more intricate making the emotions deeper and the story better. If I wasn't already in love with this semi-fictional world I would be now. Do yourself a favor and pick it up this christmas!

No comments: