Welcome to Ready Set Read!
Welcome to my website. Here I will review every and I mean every book I read. Mostly I read young adult literature but sometimes I do read other things. My goal is to help you find something to read. Also I hope that I will be able to help you avoid some very painful reading experiences. Usually I like the books I read. No, not because I love everything but because I research a book before I buy it. My research has bordered on obsession more than once. Oh well...there are worse obsessions, right? Right?!
Love is Hell
Love is HellMelissa MarrScott WesterfeldJustine LarbalestierGabrielle ZevinLaurie Faria StolarzLove is Hell is a compilation of five short stories from different authors. Each story has a unique twist to love in a modern world that has taken a turn for the worst, a supernatural turn. That's right, this
isn't just your everyday love stories it's love with a supernatural twist. This makes the stories better, more unique and original then possible any other way. Each one of the five stories trigger different emotions within you. By the time I was finished I with sleeping with the spirit I would have been crying except I was sitting on the subway. Clearly this is the wrong place to be crying. Now when I was reading thinner than water I did actually cry, of course by now I was off the subway and sitting at home on my couch. Safe from any strange looks and/or comments from random strangers. The stories are unusual and quirky, quite unlike everything I've ever read before except for a couple of them that reminded me of the fairy tales I used to read. They are all great stories in their own right and I can't remember the last time I enjoyed a book this much. I read a lot and this was one of my favorites. For some reason I seem to have forgotten exactly why I enjoy reading so much, I remember now. Come to think of it, the last time I enjoyed a book this much it was Gone. If you don't think this one has quite what you are looking for you are obviously crazy but try Prom Nights from Hell instead. It's the same style but it was actually realised before Love is hell. Unfortunately I haven't quite gotten around to reading it yet but I will soon! By the way, don't you just love the cover?
No comments:
Post a Comment