Sophia Kinsella
This is one of my all time favourite holiday reads. If I’m on vacation I’ll probably be re-reading this book. It’s such a light and laugh filled read.
Samantha is a high powered lawyer living a hectic and stressful life. She is well on her way to becoming a neurotic basket case trying to make it to the top when one day she makes a huge mistake. Basically she freaks out and finds herself on a train out of town. There she unwittingly knocks on a random door looking for directions and before she knows it she has been hired as a housekeeper! Samantha knows nothing about cooking, cleaning or anything else that a housekeeper needs to know but with a bit help from local hunk, Nathaniel’s mom she’s bound to figure it all out sooner or later.
It’s an easy and fun read, those pages just flew by! I smiled the whole way threw except for when I was laughing. I got more than one weird look at the beach. Lots and lots of fun! I have read one of the Shopaholic books and although it was entertaining it was nowhere near as good as this one. Believe me before the book is over you’ll be rooting for Samantha and you’ll be in love with Nathaniel. So pick it up during the Christmas vacation, I promise you won’t regret it.

No comments:
Post a Comment