Welcome to Ready Set Read!


Welcome to my website. Here I will review every and I mean every book I read. Mostly I read young adult literature but sometimes I do read other things. My goal is to help you find something to read. Also I hope that I will be able to help you avoid some very painful reading experiences. Usually I like the books I read. No, not because I love everything but because I research a book before I buy it. My research has bordered on obsession more than once. Oh well...there are worse obsessions, right? Right?!



Friday, December 26, 2008

The Kite Runner



The Kite Runner

Khaled Hosseini

Amir and Hassan both live in Afghanistan of the past. Their lives intertwine in the most remarkable of ways yet they lead completely different lives. Hassan and his father live in a mudd hut on Amir families property. Hassan would do anything for Amir, they're almost like brothers. Inseperable, that is until one day. Amir witnesses something that will forever change him, his life and Hassans. As a grown man he returns to Afghanistan in an attempt to make things right again.

This book is an incredibly powerful story that will tug all your heartstrings. It's a blend of sheer imagination and deep emotions. A wonderful story told by and incredible story teller. As a general rule I don't like sad stories, the kind that make you cry and your heart ache. Normally they make me feel horrible but this book had just the right mix of tragedy and hope. An incredibly story, worth reading and you will never forget it. The world of the Kite Runner is a very real one that pulls you and never completely lets go. Well at least it doesn't for a day or two. I just finished it last night and still hasn't completely realised it's hold on me. A sign of a great book!

No comments: