Welcome to Ready Set Read!


Welcome to my website. Here I will review every and I mean every book I read. Mostly I read young adult literature but sometimes I do read other things. My goal is to help you find something to read. Also I hope that I will be able to help you avoid some very painful reading experiences. Usually I like the books I read. No, not because I love everything but because I research a book before I buy it. My research has bordered on obsession more than once. Oh well...there are worse obsessions, right? Right?!



Friday, December 26, 2008

Wicked Lovely

Wicked Lovely

Melissa Marr

When it comes to seeing invisible faeries there are only 3 and they're pretty straight forward.

Rule 3: Never stare at invisible faeries.

Rule 2: Never speak to invisible faeries.

Rule 1: Don't ever attract their attention.

All her life Aislinn has lived by these rules. They have been hammered into her ever since she was a child by her grandmother. In Aislinns family there is an incredible gift, the gift of Sight. She has the ability to see the invisible faeries that walk among us everyday. Aislinn is in deep trouble, she has attracted the attention of the Summer King and he is determined that she will become his Summer Queen. No matter the cost.

Wicked Lovely is the very definition of a modern day fairy tale. Melissa Marr combines wit, suspense and intrigue beautifuly in this incredible and original story. It has just the right combination of an old school faery tale, love story and most importantly it has a modern day twist. Making it the perfect holiday read. I know I've said that a lot but lately I have been reading the most incredible books. Trust me once you enter the world of Wicked Lovely you will never want to resurface. I was actually sad when the book came to an end.

No comments: